Lawyers’ Insurance Defense Program
Lawyers’ Mutual is excited to share our values, services and member benefits with an ever expanding pool of California attorneys.
Built with you in mind, Lawyers’ Mutual has redesigned our Lawyers’ Insurance Defense Program for firms of six attorneys or more who practice 90% insurance defense work or greater.
Key program features:
• Limits from $1,000,000 per claim / $3,000,000 in the aggregate to $10,000,000 per claim / $12,000,000 in the aggregate.
• $50,000 Claims Expense Allowance outside limits included.
• Expert in-house California claims examiners.
• Multi-attorney discount factor.
Our Lawyers’ Insurance Defense Program delivers on our commitment to enhance, revolutionize and challenge the status quo of how the traditional insurance industry operates.Read More
The duty to protect your clients
The Data Breach Duty
Presenter: Kamran Salour, CIPP/US, CIPT
CLE credit: 1.5 hr General
In 2019, Lawyers’ Mutual brought you a CLE entitled “Cyber Crime: Protect Your Practice”. We now follow up that well-received CLE with our latest presentation entitled “The Data Breach Duty: A Practical Guide for Lawyers to Secure Client Information”.
This presentation by attorney Kamran Salour (a Certified Information Privacy Professional and Privacy Technologist) will bring you up-to-date on your duties to protect your client’s data and Best Practices to minimize data breaches.
This CLE is approved for MCLE credit.Read More
Mindfulness month giveaways
In conjunction with our social media campaign for well-being month, Lawyers’ Mutual is proud to collaborate with Headspace and our members to promote well-being in the workplace.
Over the coming weeks, Lawyers’ Mutual will be giving away a limited number of free annual subscriptions to Headspace to our members during the month of May.*
Founded in 2010, Headspace was the world’s first meditation app and has become one of the leading mindfulness products. Stressful situations are an everyday part of life. Headspace can help you better respond to and reduce stress in as little as 10 days.
In order to be entered into the Headspace giveaway draw, simply share your wellness tips and experiences via email to email@example.com Deadline to send your email is Monday, May 17.
Whether you’ve started a new fitness habit or you have a mindfulness routine that helps you day-to-day, we’d love to hear from you. We will be selecting the winners and sharing their wellness tips and experiences on our social media pages with your fellow member community. Keep an eye out next week for another chance to win a free annual subscription to Headspace.
*If you are selected for a free Headspace subscription, Lawyers’ Mutual will respond to your wellness tips and experiences email.Read More
New Year, New CLEs
Let’s bring in the New Year right. Lawyers’ Mutual is happy to ring in 2021 with its first CLE seminar of the year:
Cross Examination of the Arresting Officer in a DUI Case
Presenter: Vincent John Tucci
CLE credit: 1 hr. General
Whether you are a criminal law trial lawyer or a civil law trial lawyer, you will enjoy watching Vincent John Tucci discuss cross-examination of the Arresting Officer in a DUI Case. Mr. Tucci is a DUI trial lawyer, with over 100 DUI trials. He has trained Public Defenders in both LA and Orange Counties on how to handle DUI cases. He now shares his immense knowledge and techniques in this latest Lawyers’ Mutual CLE.
The CLE compliance period for H-M is approaching quickly but there’s content for all members.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Log in to your CLE/ Member Benefits Portal to take advantage of our CLE digital library, which has over 100 CLE videos on a variety of topics intended to help you improve your practice and reduce your risk of claims.Read More
Celebrating 2020 with member benefits and discounts
As December draws to a close, Lawyers’ Mutual would like to remind you of the following benefits and discounts launched to our members during 2020:
- Interactive timeline
- #1 legal mobile app
- Advanced sorting tools
- Visualization of search results
- Comprehensive access to the law
- Live webinars/On-demand training videos
- Free Reference support
- Live chat
- Email integration
- Caseload tracking
- 2-way text messaging
- Unlimited data storage
- Simplified billing process
- Secure client payment portal
- Shared firm calendar to organize deadlines.
- Interactive, real-time court reporting.
- Specialized experienced case managers.
- Individualized training on Veritext Virtual remote depositions.
- Veritext mobile app.
- Flawless video production.
- Dedicated client services 24/7.
- Exhibit management in real-time.
Services offered (but not limited to the following):
- Skip tracing.
- Concierge e-Filings.
- Remote Deposition Hosting.
- Business Records subpoena.
Thank you for your continued membership with Lawyers’ Mutual. We look forward to offering additional benefits and discounts in 2021.Read More
Safely spend your holiday indoors with your CLE library
This week’s social media content focused on CLEs on Elimination of Bias and General categories. Log in to your free CLE digital library to view.
To get ahead of the game, follow us on our social media channels.
Monday, December 21st
Top 5 Elimination of Bias
For this compliance period, you are required to complete one hour of Elimination of Bias CLE credit.
Here is the list of the Top Five viewed Elimination of Bias CLEs for 2020.
- A More Perfect Union: How to Discuss Race, Politics & Religion in a Fragmented Nation (2019);
- Illumination of Bias (2018);
- Sean Carter Humorist at Law: Fail Better (2012);
- Elimination of Bias: Current Issues and Strategies (2010); and
- Mindfulness & Mediation Skills for Lawyers (2013)
Thursday, December 24th
Top 10 viewed “General” category CLEs for 2020.
- Depositions in a Virtual World (2020);
- Risk Management for Estate Planning Attorneys (2019);
- So You Want to Take a Deposition….. (2020);
- Your Law Practice in a COVID Impacted World (2020);
- Cyber Crime: Protect Your Practice (2019)”;
- A Year-in-Review VII: Case Highlights 2019 (2020);
- A Year-in-Review VI: Case Highlights 2018 (2019);
- Cannabis Law: Gold Mine or Land Mine? (2018);
- Passing the Torch (2018); and
- Fundamentals of Collaborative Practice (2017)
As December draws to an end, Lawyers’ Mutual sends safe holiday wishes to you, your home and work families.Read More