Let’s bring in the New Year right. Lawyers’ Mutual is happy to ring in 2021 with its first CLE seminar of the year:
Cross Examination of the Arresting Officer in a DUI Case
Presenter: Vincent John Tucci
CLE credit: 1 hr. General
Whether you are a criminal law trial lawyer or a civil law trial lawyer, you will enjoy watching Vincent John Tucci discuss cross-examination of the Arresting Officer in a DUI Case. Mr. Tucci is a DUI trial lawyer, with over 100 DUI trials. He has trained Public Defenders in both LA and Orange Counties on how to handle DUI cases. He now shares his immense knowledge and techniques in this latest Lawyers’ Mutual CLE.
The CLE compliance period for H-M is approaching quickly but there’s content for all members.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Log in to your CLE/ Member Benefits Portal to take advantage of our CLE digital library, which has over 100 CLE videos on a variety of topics intended to help you improve your practice and reduce your risk of claims.Read More
As December draws to a close, Lawyers’ Mutual would like to remind you of the following benefits and discounts launched to our members during 2020:
- Interactive timeline
- #1 legal mobile app
- Advanced sorting tools
- Visualization of search results
- Comprehensive access to the law
- Live webinars/On-demand training videos
- Free Reference support
- Live chat
- Email integration
- Caseload tracking
- 2-way text messaging
- Unlimited data storage
- Simplified billing process
- Secure client payment portal
- Shared firm calendar to organize deadlines.
- Interactive, real-time court reporting.
- Specialized experienced case managers.
- Individualized training on Veritext Virtual remote depositions.
- Veritext mobile app.
- Flawless video production.
- Dedicated client services 24/7.
- Exhibit management in real-time.
Services offered (but not limited to the following):
- Skip tracing.
- Concierge e-Filings.
- Remote Deposition Hosting.
- Business Records subpoena.
Thank you for your continued membership with Lawyers’ Mutual. We look forward to offering additional benefits and discounts in 2021.Read More
This week’s social media content focused on CLEs on Elimination of Bias and General categories. Log in to your free CLE digital library to view.
To get ahead of the game, follow us on our social media channels.
Monday, December 21st
Top 5 Elimination of Bias
For this compliance period, you are required to complete one hour of Elimination of Bias CLE credit.
Here is the list of the Top Five viewed Elimination of Bias CLEs for 2020.
- A More Perfect Union: How to Discuss Race, Politics & Religion in a Fragmented Nation (2019);
- Illumination of Bias (2018);
- Sean Carter Humorist at Law: Fail Better (2012);
- Elimination of Bias: Current Issues and Strategies (2010); and
- Mindfulness & Mediation Skills for Lawyers (2013)
Thursday, December 24th
Top 10 viewed “General” category CLEs for 2020.
- Depositions in a Virtual World (2020);
- Risk Management for Estate Planning Attorneys (2019);
- So You Want to Take a Deposition….. (2020);
- Your Law Practice in a COVID Impacted World (2020);
- Cyber Crime: Protect Your Practice (2019)”;
- A Year-in-Review VII: Case Highlights 2019 (2020);
- A Year-in-Review VI: Case Highlights 2018 (2019);
- Cannabis Law: Gold Mine or Land Mine? (2018);
- Passing the Torch (2018); and
- Fundamentals of Collaborative Practice (2017)
As December draws to an end, Lawyers’ Mutual sends safe holiday wishes to you, your home and work families.Read More
Lawyers’ Mutual is excited to offer a special edition complimentary digital
Your member magazine offers insights to questions asked by fellow members and answered by your underwriting, claims and member benefits departments, along with other useful elements.
We hope that you find the answers to your commonly asked questions, both as a guide to help run your practice more efficiently and to help make the ease of doing business as a lawyer your primary focus.
For questions or comments regarding the magazine, email email@example.com.Read More
This week’s social media content focused on CLEs on Legal Ethics and General Counsel’s picks. Log in to your free CLE digital library to view.
Monday, December 14th
Top Five viewed Legal Ethics CLEs for 2020.
- Attorney Fee Agreements: Risk Management Powerhouse, Part I (2019);
- Attorney Fee Agreements: Risk Management Powerhouse, Part II (2019);
- Family Law Fiascos: Avoiding Legal Malpractice Claims (2019);
- Your Law Practice in a COVID-Impacted World (2020); and
- Conflicts of Interest: Navigating the Perils of Joint Representation (2017)”
Thursday, December 17th
Top Ten “Lawyers’ Mutual’s General Counsel Picks” of CLEs.
- Creating a Succession Plan (2009);
- Mediation Master’s Seminar (2009);
- Civility Matters: Why Civility and Why Now (2013);
- Nobody Told Me There’d be Days Like This (2014);
- Understanding Cyber Risk & Your LMIC Cyber Coverage (2016);
- Managing High Conflict Personalities (2016);
- What Every Lawyer Must Know about the NEW California Rules of Professional Conduct (2018);
- Understanding High Conflict Personalities (2016);
- Limited Scope Representation: Debunking the Myths (2014); and
- Sean Carter Humorist at Law: Attorney Heal Thyself (2011)
We will continue to be focusing on CLE content through our social media channels. We hope you have enjoyed these suggestions and they are useful reminders to past and popular CLE content.Read More
This week’s social media content focused on CLEs for a work-life balance and specialty categories in Elimination of Bias and Ethics. Log in to your free CLE digital library to view.
Monday, December 8th
Dual content focused on well-being with Janet Sobel, Esq. in Mitigating the Stress and Anxiety of Practicing Law and James J. Wallace II, Esq. in Taking Expert Depositions: Preparation and Execution
Thursday, December 10th
Your Top Ten “Golden Oldies – Specialty” categories CLEs from 2006 to 2017:
- The Forgotten Americans 2006 (Bias);
- Because You Asked: Hotline FAQs 2017 (Ethics);
- Ageism and Bias in the Legal Profession 2009 (Bias);
- Planning for Vacation 2009 (Ethics);
- Ethical Issues in Litigation Negotiation and Mediation with High Conflict Personalities 2016 (Ethics);
- Understanding the “Of Counsel” Relationship 2011 (Ethics)
- Sean Carter Humorist at Law: Thou Shalt Not Lie, Cheat and Steal 2011 (Ethics);
- Sean Carter Humorist at Law: Nice Guys Finish First 2012 (Ethics);
- The Accidental Lawyer: Terms of Engagement 2016 (Ethics); and
- Lie Detection Skills for Lawyers 2013 (Ethics)
All through December, we will continue to be focusing on CLE content through our social media channels. At the end of each week, check your inbox for a summary of shared posts.Read More