“So you want to take a deposition”
Whether you are preparing your very first deposition or your
one-hundredth, our very own General Counsel, Brian A.
Rawers, provides guidance for some, reminders for others, and useful
information for all. Brian has been practicing law since 1982 and covers
six important matters to help you conduct a better deposition.
- The proper marking and use of exhibits – Your exhibit has a first name and a last name
- Admonitions and stipulations – Why these are very important
- The importance of Kennemur v. Superior Ct. – Tying off the expert witness’ opinions
- The importance of Rifkind v. Goode – Don’t ask “discovery” questions
- Deposing an expert witness – Doing a cross exam vs. looking in opinions
- Civility – You catch more flies with honey
Click here to earn 1 hr CLE in General Credit.