Must Read Monday Finding Your Work-Life Balance
As we continue into Mental Health Awareness Month, you may want to take the time to step back and evaluate the link between your overall well-being and work-life balance as a lawyer.
Cultivating a healthy work-life balance is a journey.
Here are some suggested steps you may want to implement into your routine towards achieving work-life balance:
- Make time for yourself: In your calendar, set aside time for family, friends, hobbies, and other fun activities. Effective time management will help you get the most out of each day.
- Set boundaries to yourself: Have your working hours set and follow them. Start and end each day at the same time.
- Take care of yourself: Get a good night’s rest and see how different the day feels. Move around and take a walk during your lunch break.
Here are resources for legal professionals that promote how to achieve proper work-life balance:
- California Lawyers Association Health and Wellness Committee
- American Bar Association Wellness, Mindfulness, Work-life Balance
The key to achieving work-life balance is up to you. Make a commitment to better yourself and keep working toward your personal goals.
Together we can bring out the best in the legal profession.