Must Read Monday Finding Your Work-Life Balance
May 9, 2023 News
As we continue into Mental Health Awareness Month, you may want to take the time to step back and evaluate the link between your overall well-being and work-life balance as a lawyer.
Cultivating a healthy work-life balance is a journey.
Here are some suggested steps you may want to implement into your routine towards achieving work-life balance:
- Make time for yourself: In your calendar, set aside time for family, friends, hobbies, and other fun activities. Effective time management will help you get the most out of each day.
- Set boundaries to yourself: Have your working hours set and follow them. Start and end each day at the same time.
- Take care of yourself: Get a good night’s rest and see how different the day feels. Move around and take a walk during your lunch break.
Here are resources for legal professionals that promote how to achieve proper work-life balance:
- California Lawyers Association Health and Wellness Committee
- American Bar Association Wellness, Mindfulness, Work-life Balance
The key to achieving work-life balance is up to you. Make a commitment to better yourself and keep working toward your personal goals.
Together we can bring out the best in the legal profession.